Saturday, July 31, 2010

Usefulness of Second Group Project

I think the usefulness of the second assignment is that it has actually helped me build up my communication skills by communicating the things learned from the textbook to the assigned paper. For the assignment, our assigned group were supposed to choose a social organization and then write a cohesive paper about it by using ideas and skills we have learned from the textbook. As a group, we came up with the American Red Cross organization. To make things fair, we split the sections up with everyone in charge of at least two sections. Then we have to use what we learned from the textbook and apply those concepts to the paper. I thought the frustrating part about group work is that sometimes people like to procrastinate, which lets the group down. This was what actually happened to our group because everyone kind of waited until the last minute to get things done, making everything rushed at the end. Because of this problem, I prefer to work alone but at times there are actually benefits in working in a group as “two heads are better than one”.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I also agree with the assessment that this assignment helped build from the skills we learned in the text book. Also I found that procrastination was a major problem for my group in assignment 1 as one of our group members didn't submit their parts until 10 minutes before the assignment was due, giving us no time to edit and make sure the assignment was consistent throughout, eventually leading to a lower grade. I also agree with the part of working alone but sometimes two heads are better than one. I think if I did the assignment myself it would be a lot less of a headache trying to correlate with others in the group. However working in a group lessens the work load a lot and frees up time towards my other classes.

    ReplyDelete