Monday, June 7, 2010

Introductory Post

Hello everyone, my name is Laura and I'm going to be in my third year in the fall semester. I'm currently majoring in Accounting as I'm very interested in handling money for a business. My goal is to get a bachelor's degree. I hope to open up an accounting firm someday and employ several accountants working under me. As for my communication experience, it was taking public speaking class last semester and doing oral presentations for my english class. My interests are going on the internet, shopping for clothes, listening to music, and watching T.V. In this class, I hope meet alot of cool people and also to learn as much as I can in the next twelve weeks. :)

6 comments:

  1. This is all new to me: the blogging thing! I just responded to your comment on my own blog. Is that right?? Hmmm...so I'm pasting my response here on your blog. Make sense? LOL Here it is..........

    BABBIE SAID...
    Thanks! ;o) Well, my sister used to call me Barbie. In fact, she still does! I get so embarrassed because I look nothing like a Barbie!! Well, back then they were almost all white and blonde. Now they have multicultural Barbies. Thanks Goodness! Anyway, so I named myself Babbie. It's just a nickname. My real name is Barbara. Nice to meet you. Look forward to getting to know you and everyone else this summer. I like the blogging idea. I think it's pretty cool! See ya on the blog! ;o) June 9, 2010 11:43 AM

    ReplyDelete
  2. So...why Broken Paper? It's a very interesting name choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there!

    Good for you on wanting to open your own accounting firm in the future! You go girl!

    -little miss daisy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your career goals sound very ambitious! The cool thing about it is that it's totally attainable. Just work hard and set goals! I hope you like math :) Lol.

    -Manda756

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first time I read your intro, I skipped over a few details - The 'start your own business' angle was one. Not just accounting, but a small business. Very impressive! The City of San Jose has an entrepeure (sp?) center that you should take a look at when your ready to get your feet wet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same question: Why broken paper? haha jk

    But hope we have a great experience with this online class!

    ReplyDelete