Monday, June 14, 2010

BLOG 1

Example of a Subjective Claim:
Rock music is annoying.

This is a subjective claim that cannot be proved true or false because it’s a personal opinion of how someone think of rock music. For me, I think rock music is very annoying because the screaming voice and the loud guitars gets on my nerves. However, this claim doesn’t hold true for everyone. Unlike me, some people like to listen to rock because they think that it makes them feel better after coming home from a long, stressful work while also giving them the energy to do their work properly.

Example of a Objective Claim.
The September 11th attack was the most disastrous events in US history.

This statement is true. The September 11th attack involved the destruction of the world trade center which in turn led to thousands of casualties. Over 100 people jumped to their deaths because they could not escape the tall buildings. After the attack, this event was broadcasted on the news for days with the scene of the plane hijacking the world trade center replaying over and over again. Many people were very shocked to learn about had happened. As you can see, the claim that the attack was “the most disastrous events in US history” is very true.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I did not realize that over 100 people jumped to their death out of the buildings on 911. That is day that a lot of people remember. I know for me I remember where I was when I first heard about it. I find it kind of saw that people have just forgotten all about it and have not remembered that is still effects or lives today!
    As for the rock music I have to half way agree with you because I do find all of the screaming music very annoying. But you have to give them credit some of the music is good ( the less intense stuff).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not like Rock music either! I prefer R&B and Rap. When I do my homework, I love to listen to music that is “up tempo” and at the same time do my work. It gives me the desire to keep going as the music does as well.

    As for 911, that was a horrible day. My dad is in the navy and ever since that day, the military has been in top performance towards terrorism and at the same time getting their jobs done.

    I also believe that it was one of the most disastrous events in the United State's history.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you on rock music on how you feel about that style of music and how at the same time what make's it subjective is because when one person is not much of a fan of it, another may be a fan. I feel sometimes just liek all styles of music out there, rock music does serve a purpose and there are some good ones, but there are others like metal (where there may be mainly screaming involved) may make some think, what the point to the music is, and others may say it is amazing.

    as fas as 9/11 goes, I'll always remember up to this day, what a tragic and devastating event it was. I agree as well with you how "it was one of the most disastrous events in the United States history." In 20 years from now, or even 10, it will probably discussed in history textbooks as well as in class discussions.

    ReplyDelete