Friday, June 25, 2010

Chapter 5: Advertising on the Internet

I found this Proactive ad online. I thought I want to share it everyone: http://infomarketingblog.com/images/Proactive_Solution_Acne_ad_02.jpg

In this advertisement, Proactive claims that they have “a spotless reputation” because it works by “clearing up the blemishes on your skin and with continued use, helps prevent new ones from forming.” I disagree with this claim because based on my personal experience, I have had a bad experience with using their product. During my freshman year in high school, I was suffering from terrible acne and I tried many over-the-counter products but they didn’t work. When I saw the Proactive advertisement on TV and saw the positive results given by other people and celebrities, I was motivated to try it out. However, the results didn’t turn out very good for me as expected. It was ok the first day but after using it for three more days, I started getting lots of rashes. Plus, my pimples started getting bigger. It was then that I realized Proactive was damaging my skin; it wasn’t working at all. Then I went to go see a dermatologist and he said that i was allergic to proactive and should discontinue to use it. After having that bad experience, I did not trust Proactive anymore and I have to disagree with their claim that their product really works.

Then I went on “yahoo answers” to read over the reviews given by other people. A majority of the people claimed that Proactive was also damaging their skin, not giving the results they had expected. I should've read over these reviews befor trying it out. They were just paying celebrities to endorse their products. How would you know if celebrities had received positive results from using Proactive? I think the best way to get rid of your acne is to go see a dermatologist. Proactive doesn’t work, so don’t waste your money on it.

1 comment:

  1. ProActive is BAD. Everyone I know that once used it had the same reaction to it. It should be illegal for major companies to use false advertisements. Also for celebrities to take part in it. I mean those are people that others rely on to stay up with the "latest and greatest". I have also seen ProActive commercials on TV and it always seems like the models that they use for the commercial are always happy with their results. But if you pay close attention, it also seems as though there blemishes are unreal, could just be me, but thats what I think.

    So I agree ProActive = BAD

    ReplyDelete